Too hard to post things here, on CPDL, and on IMSLP. I’m just going to keep everything on the latter. Work available here: A. Garvin IMSLP pieces
I’ve spent 6 months developing a new system, redoing old files, correcting errors. Instead of going back and correcting posts, I’m just going to start posting new content.
After completely revising my templates and improving the look & feel, I have spent an intense month and half of typesetting, and have several complete books of music nearly ready to release:
- Libro Primo de Canzoni by Florentio Maschera (1584) (21 4-part canzons)
- Canzoni da Sonare a 4 e 8 voci by Floriano Canale (1600) (17 4-part and 2 8-part canzons)
- Il Terzo Libro de Varie Sonate by Salamone Rossi (1623) (trio sonatas, galliards, sinfonie, etc)
- Consort Songs by William Byrd, selected from the Dow Partbooks (14 5-part consort songs)
- Il Primo Libro Della Musica a 2 voci by Giacomo Gastoldi (only the Gastoldi pieces, 21 duos)
- Canzonets of Three Voyces by Thomas Morley (20 3-part canzonettes)
- Ausserlener Paduanen und Galliarden published by Fullsack & Hildebrandt (1607)
For general look & feel, I’ve taken inspiration from the George Hunter editions. All are licensed creative-commons attribution. I’m combining the typeset music with booklets developed with XeLaTeX using the open source Liberation font set.
Currently I’m in a process of error-checking and play-testing all the books and hope to start having them released next month.